What is the migration certificate?
The migration certificate is the certificate that is issued by IGNOU when a student wants to leave the Indira Gandhi National Open University and pursue their further education in some other university.
What are the Migration Certificate procedure and fees?
The migration certificate is needed by a student who decides to transfer from one state to another state of the same country. Many candidates who want to migrate to another state to complete their education from their interested and preferred university.
While getting a migration certificate from IGNOU, the student must certify the fact that he/she has not enrolled with any other institute/university after graduating from IGNOU up till this date.
Read more : Migration Certificate.pdf (ignou.ac.in)
How to get the Migration Certificate from IGNOU?
Step 1- The candidate has to download the migration certificate form from the official Indira Gandhi National Open University site.
Step 2- Then the candidate has to fill the form with all the appropriate information. The following categories have to be filled in the form-
- Father’s name
- Particulars of the last exam- This must include the last exam you have appeared for and is further classified in the following columns-
- Examination passed (program)- This should include the last examination you have passed and the course/program you choose for the exam
- Year of passing– This should include the academic year when you pass your examinations from that
- Enrollment Number– Your roll no/enrollment number for the above-mentioned
- Marks Obtained– The total marks obtained in the academic examinations have to be mentioned
- Grades obtained– The grades obtained in the academic examinations have to be mentioned
- Name of the regional center and the study center to which the candidate is attached- This section should have the name of the regional center of IGNOU from where you have studies and the name of the particular study center in that regional
- Name of the university to which the candidate has to migrate- This section includes the name of the institute/university the candidate wishes to migrate from
- Draft Details- This section contains all the details regarding the details of the draft that has to be submitted. It has the following categories-
- Amount Rs- 500 rupees that have to be given for the Migration certificate.
- D number- The demand draft number that you get.
- Date- The date when the demand draft is being
- Bank name- The name of the bank you are affiliated with for the issuing of the demand
- Place of the issue- The place from where the demand draft is being issued to the IGNOU regional
- Undertaking- The candidate then has to sign an undertaking that has the following points-
- I hereby declare that the information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge and I have all the due fees to my
- I have not taken any migration certificate from this University before this
- I further certify that I have not enrolled in any college/institute after passing out from IGNOU up to this
- I also undertake that I am not enrolled in any other course from IGNOU.
- In the event of any of the above information being found incorrect, the certificate shall be liable for the
- After the candidate has successfully verified all the details mentioned in the form, the candidate can submit a copy of the form along with copies of their provisional mark sheets and certificates to the regional study center of IGNOU from where they completed their
What is IGNOU Migration certificate fees?
The candidates who wish to apply for IGNOU Migration Certificate have to pay 500 Indian Rupees by demand draft in favor of IGNOU and submit it to the IGNOU regional center to the respective study center.
What if the candidate has lost or damaged the certificate?
In any possibility if the candidate has lost/ damaged/ mutilated the original copy of the migration certificate, then a duplicate copy of the migration certificate can be issued by paying rupees 500, after the submission of an affidavit issued on a non-judicial stamp paper worth rupees 10 to be sworn before a magistrate.