There are lots of reasons due to which IGNOU might cancel your admission. The reasons can be many. Here are a few examples; your admission form might be incomplete or your registration fee is short or maybe you have not submitted all the supporting documents..
Procedure of Cancelling Admission In IGNOU
Here is a list of reasons that admission might have been cancelled:-
- Enquiry the wrong information is given in the IGNOU admission form
- The secondary or that 10 + 2 education is not completed from one of the recognised sports by the IGNOU.
- The residential proof is not attached with the admission form
- required educational qualifications are missing and all their proofs are missing in the phone.
If you want to cancel your admission from the IGNOU, here is a list of things that you will need to do:-
- If you want to cancel admission to any other courses from Indira Gandhi National Open University, all you have to do is go to a regional centre and inform that you want to cancel admission and remember that your fees is never refunded by IGNOU in case you are withdrawing your application.
- If you want to enroll again for a different course here is what you need to do. Enroll for new course that you want to register and the IGNOU finds out they will ask you personally which course you want to continue. The elite chances that they might refund your fees paid for another course excluding the processing charges.
University has a limited provision for cancellation of Programme and refund of fee as prescribed in the Refund Policy of the University. You may refer to the guidelines pertaining to ‘Refund of Fee’ under the ‘University Rules’ section of the IGNOU Common Prospectus. In cases where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of processing fee, if any. The refund amount will be transferred electronically to the credit/debit/net banking account from where payment was made.
Registration fee, Cancellation of Admission and Refund of Fee
A non-refundable Registration Fee of Rs. 200/- (unless specified otherwise) shall be charged along with the programme fee of first semester/year at the time of admission.
If a student applies for cancellation of admission and refund of fee, the refund request will be considered as per the University policy as under:
- Before the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.200/-
- Within 15 days from the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.500/-
- Within 30 days from the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.1,000/-.
- After 30 days from the closure of the last date-No refund will be allowed.