Have you successfully accomplished passing in all the semester exams from your course in IGNOU? The next thing after this you need is the Indira Gandhi National Open University degree! Here you will learn the procedure of getting your IGNOU degree delivered to your doorstep with minimal utilization of effort and time. Many students, who have given their exams are unaware of the method to get their ignou degree-diploma after the competition of their enrolled program.
The prior method of receiving the degree is to register for the convocation program that IGNOU organizes every year to felicitate and hand over the degrees to the students who have successfully passed their examinations. Yet there are many outstation students or students who due to any reason are not able to attend the convocation. For such students, IGNOU has a system namely; IGNOU Degree Management System (IDMS). This system came into existence to make sure that every student possesses their original degree by registering and paying a mere nominal amount.
How to apply for IGNOU online degree?
Read more : Migration Certificate.pdf (ignou.ac.in)
Below mentioned are some steps and images that will help you understand the procedure to apply for IGNOU online degree.
1) The first step to receive an online degree is to visit the IGNOU Degree Management System Site. The link of IDMS is mentioned below.
2) A new page appears showing general instructions and instructions for the students Make sure to go through the 4 points mentioned under general instructions and the 7 points mentioned under the panel of instructions for students. It gives information regarding the eligibility, uploading of the documents, fee structure, and the method of submission of the fees.
3) After you have read the entire stock of information, click on the declaration option as shown below which is to certify that you have read the entire set of instructions.
4) After ticking on the declaration, click on “I agree and proceed” which is to certify that you agree to the terms and conditions.
5) As soon as you click on it, I agree and proceed, two options will appear just below the agree on option. The options will be-
- a) For ignou degree-diploma programme
- b) For a ignou certificate program
6) After selecting your registered course, a new window will appear. It will enquire about your enrollment number, password, and security code. If you are visiting this page for the first time, then click on the new registration option available just below the above-mentioned options.
7) After licking on new student registration, a small form with some details to be filled appears. It enquires for your enrollment number as per educational documents and your enrolled course. After filling in these details, click on verify student details.
8) The next step is to proceed after verifying your student details.
9) After your student details have been successfully verified, proceed with paying 600 INR. The fees can be paid through the debit card (Rupay, VISA, Master) or any method of net banking can be adapted.
10) Take a print out of the acknowledgment and the receipt of the fees paid for any further inquiries.
11) If you have any query related to the certificate programs or the degree/ diploma programs, kindly mail your query to the headquarters on the following email id-
What is the eligibility to apply for an online IGNOU Degree-Diploma?
All the students who are eligible to attend the IGNOU convocation of this academic year and have successfully passed the examinations for their respective enrolled programs are eligible to apply for the original degree/ certificate for their program.
What if the student has not received an online degree-Diploma?
After the publishing of the result on the official site of IGNOU, the IGNOU Degree management system (IDMS) sends the degree to the students on their respective postal address on-demand and payment of 600 INR. Sometimes it may take more time for IGNOU to dispatch and send the degree to all the students. The students should remain patient to receive their degree/ certificate from IGNOU. More or less, it takes 15-30 days to receive the degrees. Sometimes the postal services may cause delay, therefore once your degree is dispatched, you can track the status of your degree through the tracking link sent to you to your registered email or phone number.