Rural Social Development
Course Code: MRDE-101
Course Title: Rural Social Development
Assignment No.: MRDE-101/AST/TMA-5/2022-2023
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: The assignment has three sections. It contains questions, which require long, medium and short
answers. A long answer should not exceed 1000 words. Medium answers should not exceed 500 words
each. Short answers should not exceed 100 words each
Long Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 40
Attempt any One of the following
1. Describe major features of rural development experience of Bangladesh.
2. What are the main characteristics of social change? Explain the role of self-help groups in
3. What do you understand by poverty in the global context? Discuss the estimates of poverty that are
made in India.
Medium Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 15 each
Attempt any Two of the following:
1. What are the salient features of participatory development? How empowerment can be achieved
2. What is the Green Revolution? Examine main problem areas of Green Revolution.
3. Briefly trace the evolution of cooperatives in India since independence.
Short Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 6 each
Attempt any Five of the following
1. Automatic Milk Collection System (AMCS)
2. Physical Barriers to Communication
4. District Planning Committees
5. Migration Pattern
6. Rural Credit Markets
7. Attributes of Agrarian Classes
8. International dependence Theories