Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. What are Gandhi’s views on nationalism and internationalism? How does he reconcile
2. Explain the Gandhian thought on spiritualism. How does it shape materialistic lives?
3. Describe the varied experiences of Gandhi as a law student in London.
4. Examine the concept of Non-Violence. Do you think the Amendment of 2011 falls into
the category of Non-Violence of Gandhian ideas?
5. ‘Champaran was the beginning of Gandhi’s Satyagraha in India’. Discuss it at length.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Communal Harmony
b) Dr. Ambedkar’s social and political ideas
7. a) Gandhian critique of revolutionaries
b) Trace the beginning of the Civil Disobedience Movement.
8. a) Khadi and its relevance
b) What was Constructive Programme?
9. a) Round Table Conferences (1930-1932)
b) Demand for partition by the Muslim League
10. a) Bhagat Singh and Gandhi
b) Contributions of Tilak