IGNOU Online MAGPS Admission 2023: Admission to the July 2023 session of IGNOU Online MGPS has started, the last date to register for admission is 15 July 2023. Candidates who are interested can apply before the last date. IGNOU re-registration for July 2023 session started, the last date is 15 July 2023 without a late fee. The IOP Portal is used to complete the admission process for the IGNOU ONLINE MAGPS programme
IGNOU Online MA Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme: Admission, Eligibility, Fee, Application Form
Introduction (Approximately 200 words):
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a unique and comprehensive Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme. This postgraduate degree program aims to foster an understanding of Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of peace, non-violence, and social justice, and its relevance in contemporary society. The program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote peace and harmony in various social, political, and economic contexts. In this article, we will explore the admission process, eligibility criteria, fees structure, and application form details for IGNOU’s Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme.
Admission Process (Approximately 400 words):
The admission process for the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme at IGNOU follows a systematic and straightforward approach. Interested candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the program:
1. Visit the IGNOU official website: Begin by visiting the official website of IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in.
2. Register as a new user: Create a new user account on the IGNOU admission portal by providing the required information, such as name, email address, and contact details.
3. Fill in the application form: Log in to the admission portal using the registered credentials and fill in the application form with accurate personal, educational, and contact details.
4. Upload the necessary documents: Upload scanned copies of the required documents, including educational certificates, photograph, signature, and identity proof.
5. Choose the program: Select the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme from the list of available programs.
6. Pay the application fee: Proceed to pay the prescribed application fee through the available online payment options.
7. Submit the application: Review the application form and submit it online. Make sure to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria (Approximately 600 words):
To be eligible for admission to the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme at IGNOU, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Educational Qualifications: Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no specific stream or subject requirement for eligibility.
2. Age Criteria: There is no age limit for admission to this program.
3. Entrance Examination: IGNOU does not conduct an entrance examination for admission to the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme. Admission is granted based on the candidate’s eligibility and availability of seats.
4. Open and Distance Learning: As an open and distance learning program, IGNOU’s Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme is accessible to learners across India and abroad. There are no geographical restrictions for admission.
Fees Structure (Approximately 500 words):
The fees structure for the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme at IGNOU is designed to be affordable and flexible for students. The program follows a credit system, where each course carries a specific number of credits. The total program fee is calculated based on the number of credits assigned to each course.
Here is an approximate breakdown of the fees structure:
1. Registration Fee: At the time of admission, students are required to pay a one-time registration fee of Rs. 200.
2. Course Fee: The course fee for each credit in the Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme is Rs. 200. The total number of credits required to complete the program is 64, including both theory and practical components.
3. Program Fee: The program fee is calculated by multiplying the number of credits by the course fee. In this case, the program fee would be Rs. 12,800 (64
credits x Rs. 200).
4. Additional Charges: Students may also have to bear additional charges for study material, examination fees, etc., as per university norms. These charges may vary from year to year, and it is advisable to refer to the official IGNOU website or prospectus for the most accurate and updated information.
Application Form Details (Approximately 300 words):
The application form for IGNOU’s Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme is available on the official IGNOU website. Candidates can access and fill in the form online as per the instructions provided. It is essential to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in the application form, as any discrepancies may lead to rejection of the application.
Read more : eGyanKosh: Semester-I
The application form generally requires the following details:
1. Personal Information: Candidates need to provide their name, date of birth, gender, category, address, contact number, email address, etc.
2. Educational Qualifications: Candidates should enter their academic qualifications, including details of the Bachelor’s degree obtained, university name, year of passing, etc.
3. Work Experience (if applicable): Candidates with relevant work experience can mention the details, including the organization name, designation, duration, etc.
4. Choice of Study Center: IGNOU has study centers across India and abroad. Candidates can select their preferred study center from the available options.
5. Document Uploads: Candidates must upload scanned copies of necessary documents, such as educational certificates, photograph, signature, and identity proof.
Conclusion (Approximately 200 words):
The Online MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies Programme offered by IGNOU provides a valuable opportunity for individuals interested in understanding Mahatma Gandhi’s principles and promoting peace in contemporary society. This comprehensive article has covered the admission process, eligibility criteria, fees structure, and application form details for the program. Aspiring students can now make informed decisions and proceed with confidence to apply for this esteemed program. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is always recommended to visit the official IGNOU website or refer to the latest prospectus.
IGNOU Online MAGPS Admission Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online MAGPS Programme|
|Minimum Duration||2 Year|
|Maximum Duration||4 Years|
|Course Fee||4500 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
First Year Courses 🙁 32 Credits )
|Course Code||Course title||Credits|
|MGP-001||Gandhi: The Man and His Times (Core course)||4|
|MGP-002||Philosophy of Gandhi (Core course)||4|
|MGP-003||Gandhi’s Social Thought (Core course)||4|
|MGP-004||Gandhi’s Political Thought (Core course)||4|
|MGP-006||Gandhi’s Economic Thought (Elective Course)||4|
|MGP-007||Non-Violent Movements after Gandhi(Elective Course)||4|
|MGP-009||Gandhi in the 21st Century (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-014||Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development (Elective Course)||4|
Second Year Courses:( 32 Credits )
|Course Code||Course title||Credits|
|MGP-005||Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution (Core course)||4|
|MGPE-008||Gandhian Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolution||4|
|MGPE-010||Conflict Management, Transformation and Peace Building (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-011||Human Security (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-012||Women and Peace (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-013||Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-015||Introduction to Research Methods (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-016||Human Rights: Indian Perspective (Elective Course)||4|
|MGPE-017||Project Work (Gandhi and Peace Studies)||8|
- Address: Centre for Online Education (COE), Block-17, Room. No. 04, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Contact No: 011-2957-2322