If any student scored just 2% lesser marks to secure the 1st Division or 2nd Division in the Master or Bachelor degree then he/she has an option to secure the 1st Division or 2nd Division by IGNOU Improvement form.
Procedure to Fill IGNOU Improvement form
1. The improvement of marks/grades is applicable only for the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes,
who have completed the programme. The eligibility is as under:-
a) The students of Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes, who fall short of 2% marks to secure 2nd and
b) The students of Master’s Degree Programmes only, who fall short of 2% marks to secure overall 55%
2. one opportunity will provide by ignou for improvement of division /class..
3. The improvement is permissible only in theory papers. No improvement is permissible in Practicals/Lab
courses, Projects, Workshops and Assignments etc.
4. Under the Provision of improvement, a maximum of 25% of the maximum credits required for successful
completion of a programme shall be permitted.
5. Students wishing to improve the marks will have to apply within six months from the date of issue of
final statement of marks/grade card to them, subject to the condition that their registration for the
programme/course being applied for improvement, is valid till the next term-end examination in which
they wish to appear for improvement.
6. No student will be permitted to improve if maximum duration to complete the programme, including the
re-admission period, has expired.
7. After appearing in the examination for improvement, better of the two examinations, i.e. marks/grade
already awarded and the marks/grade secured in the improvement examination will be considered.
8. In case of improvement, the month and year of completion of the programme will be changed to the
Term-end examination, in which students appeared for improvement.
9. Students will be permitted for improvement of marks/grades provided that the examination for the
particular course, in which they wish to improve, is being conducted by the University at that time.
10. Students should write, On the top of the envelope containing the prescribed application form,
“APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS.
11. Student should send Application form at the following address:-
Student Evaluation Division,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Block-12, Maidan Garhi,
Read more : Microsoft Word – FORMS (ignou.ac.in)
Read more :How to get IGNOU migration certificate ? – IGNOU Assignment Wala
How to fill Improvement form?
- Visit the official site of IGNOU.
- After clicking on Student zone on the home page of the website. .
- Select the link of the “IGNOU Improvement form” on the first page of university .
- Now, the improvement form of IGNOU will appear in the system.
- The students have to provide their name, programme enrolment number, address of the student, contact number of student, TEE completed month and year, overall point grade obtained, percentage obtained, course code and fees amount in the respective field.
- click the exam center code in the form.
- Attested the photocopy of the statement of marks or grade card with the application form.
- Do the payment Rs. 750 through demand draft in the favor of IGNOU DELHI.
- Click the demand draft number, date of payment, and issuing bank.
- Click the submit button.
- Click download button
- Download the improvement form in the last.
- If you face any issue please contact your regional centre urgently.
Dates for submission of form:
1st to 30th April for June Term-end Exam.
1 st to 31st October for December Term-end Exam.
IGNOU APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS