Rural Development Programmes
Course Code: MRD-102
Course Title: Rural Development Programmes
Assignment No.: MRD-102/AST/TMA-2/2023
Note: The assignment has three sections. It contains questions, which require long, medium and short
answers. A long answer should not exceed 1000 words. Medium answers should not exceed 500 words each.
Short answers should not exceed 100 words each
Long Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 40
Attempt any One of the following
1. Why is National Policy on Education (NPE) necessary? Examine the impact of NPE- 1986 on education
system in India.
2. Describe approaches to poverty alleviation and impact of its programme in India.
3. Explain in significance of Science and Technology for Rural Development.
Medium Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 15 each
Attempt any Two of the following:
1. What do you understand by village eco-development? Describe.
2. Explain in brief the evolution of Self-Help –Groups (SHG).
3. Describe the role of energy in the development of rural areas.
Short Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 6 each
Attempt any Five of the following
1. Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan
2. Agro Forestry
3. Desert Development Programme
4. Basic Need
5. on-line Management and Monitoring System
6. Desert Development Programme
7. Integrated Rural Development Programme