Rural Development: Indian Context
Course Code: MRD-101
Course Title: Rural Development: Indian Context
Assignment No.: MRD-101/AST/TMA-1/2023
Note: The assignment has three sections. It contains questions, which require long, medium and short answers.
A long answer should not exceed 1000 words. Medium answers should not exceed 500 words each. Short
answers should not exceed 100 words each
Long Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 40
Attempt any One of the following
1. What do you mean by tenancy reforms? Describe the main aspects of tenancy reforms.
2. Define the term, ‘Empowerment”? How can ‘Economic Empowerment’ become an effective
tool for rural reconstruction?
3. Describe the salient features of rural development experience in Bangladesh.
Medium Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 15 each
Attempt any Two of the following:
1 Describe the main aspects of jajmani system.
2. Explain the different stages of development of cooperative societies in India.
3. What do you understand by ‘Green Revolution”? Discuss briefly its impact on yield, income and
Short Answers Questions Maximum Marks: 6 each
Attempt any Five of the following
1. Village Knowledge Centre
2. Cropping Pattern
3. Little and Great Traditions
4. Cultural Empowerment
5. Sample Survey
6. Micro Credit
7. Barriers to Communication
8. Grameen Bank