IGNOU MGP – 01 ENGLISH SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2021-22
COURSE: GANDHI: THE MAN AND HIS TIMES (MGP-001)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MGP-001
Assignment Code: MGP-001/ASST/TMA/2021-22
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question
is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. What are Gandhi’s views on nationalism and internationalism? How does he reconcile the two?
2. What are the major arguments of Leo Tolstoy in ‘The Kingdom of God is within you’? Did it shape the thinking of Gandhi, explain.
3. Discuss Gandhi’s fight against racial discrimination and procuring the rights for Indian labour.
4. Examine the meaning of Satyagraha of Gandhi with examples of Kheda.
5. What were the major achievements of the Non-Cooperation Movements? Elaborate.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Dandi March
b) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
7. a) Poona Pact
b) Civil Disobedience Movement
8. a) Khadi and its relevance
b) Constructive Programme
9. a) Quit India Movement
b) Demand for partition by Muslim League
10. a) Gandhi and partition
b) Cabinet Mission plan